The Alabama Veterinary Technician Association (AVTA) welcomes and encourages new membership. We are committed to helping our members become leaders in our field through continuing education and professional development, community involvement, partnerships with accredited veterinary technology programs, hands on skills training, networking and career events and more! Our members also have opportunities to serve through commitments in the following capacities:
- Executive Board/Officer positions for AVTA
- Licensed Veterinary Technician board member position on the Alabama State Board of Veterinary Medical Examiners (ASVBME)
- Liaisons to the Alabama Veterinary Medical Foundation (ALVMF), Alabama Veterinary Wellness Committee, Alabama Veterinary Medical Association (ALVMA) as well as regional VMAs such as those in Jefferson and Madison counties
- Representatives to the National Association of Veterinary Technicians in America (NAVTA) and to AVTA as district/regional representatives across Alabama
- Licensed Veterinary Technician Membership ($35 annual): Any person licensed as a Veterinary Technician by the Alabama Board of Veterinary Medical Examiners is eligible to become a full member of the association.
- Associate Membership ($30 annual): Any persons including veterinary support staff, veterinarians, and veterinary industry salespersons wishing to support and promote the association are eligible for associate membership.
- Student Membership (free): Membership is free to veterinary technology students, veterinary students and veterinary assistant students with proof of active enrollment in an accredited veterinary technology/veterinary nursing program, veterinary program or NAVTA approved veterinary assistant program. Proof of enrollment must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
*We accept new membership applications and renewals at any time during the year, but all memberships and privileges expire December 31st of each calendar year.
AVTA Membership Benefits Include:
Discounts on continuing education and NAVTA annual membership, scholarship opportunities, access to job postings , local, state, and national representation on issues that matter to you, and networking opportunities with LVTs, support staff and students that share your passion.
Becoming a member connects you with a wide range of veterinary professionals that support you!
- What kind of membership are you requesting?
Licensed Veterinary Technician membership; Associate membership; Student membership (free with proof of active enrollment in an accredited veterinary/veterinary technology program)
- First Name Last Name
City State / Province
Postal / Zip Code
- E-mail address
- Phone Number
- State and License # if applicable
- Membership Dues
Licensed Veterinary Technician (Annual) $ 35.00
Associate (Annual) $ 30.00 (Veterinary Assistant, DVM, Veterinary support staff, or other Veterinary professionals)
To submit your membership application or renewal, please send the above information and a check* to:
Alabama Veterinary Technician Association
PO Box 355
Auburn, AL 36830
*Please make checks payable to ‘Alabama Veterinary Technician Association”